Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Funny kids

Neither one of my kids has been a huge fan of the swing, but Leah will at least let it buy me 10-15 minutes when I need to finish something up or help Joshua with something. Joshua likes to help "push" the swing and Leah doesn't seem to mind.


So, even though Joshua has his own toddler-sized baseball cap, he still likes to wear Daddy's hats sometimes. He'll find them and put them on, usually backwards or sideways and wear them like that all morning. I'm not sure how he can see very well with one eye covered, but I guess it is all in the name of fashion :)

Joshua surrounded by the typical morning carnage
(I sometimes wonder why I bother to clean up)

What a cutie!


David and I are counting down the days until Little Miss Leah decides that she wants an earlier bedtime...right now, she doesn't knock out until 11:00pm. She's bright-eyed (as seen here) way past when I'd like to go to bed! She gives me at least a 5-6 hour stretch, though, so I know I shouldn't complain. We're getting sweet smiles now, but she's hard to catch on camera at this point.
***
Joshua is in complete sponge/parrot mode. He picks up everything he hears and says it at the funniest times. When coughing yesterday morning, he patted himself on the back and said, "Are you okay?" He also loves to say the things he hears Mommy tell him often, like "Don't touch" and "Get down," and he likes to narrate what people are doing, like "Mommy's brushing teeth" and "Baby's taking a bath." He also learned how to blow his nose this week because it has been so runny (and for some reason, he thinks it is fun), so we're both quite happy about that! He's so much fun (and so exhausting) at this age...he's certainly keeping me on my toes!

No comments: