Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My first hair cut!

So, my plan had always been to let Joshua's hair grow for a while, thinking maybe it would curl up like mine did when I was little. However, his hair has continued to remain very straight and it was growing into his eyes in the front. Plus, the mullet in the back was deniable no longer, and as much as I love my little Kentucky Waterfall, with his "party in the back" look, I just couldn't wait anymore. So, a week before Christmas, we went to get Joshua's first hair cut.

The wind that afternoon showcased the shaggy mop
in all its glory


Precious little clippings of my baby's hair
(and, of course, I saved some)

I sat in Daddy's lap and did a pretty good job
while the lady was using scissors...
but I was NOT having any of those clippers!

My first little boy hair cut!
(And as his mommy, I know I'm a little biased,
but I just think he looks so grown up now...
where did my little baby boy go?!)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

ohmygoodness!!! what a little man!!! = ) the haircut is totally cute though...and he still looks like a little boy = )

Kate said...

He did such a good job and looks so handsome and grown up. I can't believe he didn't get your curls though :)