Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Listen, Officer, I can explain...

Okay, so I've always known that boys are more active and prone to injury...I mean, I have a younger brother, right? But no one told me that it got this bad this soon! About a week ago, Joshua scratched his forehead on the coffee table (as he fell off the couch, which he climbed onto from the end table). As it was healing up nicely, he decided yesterday that it would be appropriate to pull the laptop off a desk and onto his face (the laptop was on the desk because if it is anywhere that would seem within logical arms' reach--who knew the tall desk fell into that category?!--he will bang on it or dance on it, depending on its location.
***
These, however, PALE in comparison to this afternoon's disaster. Joshua is always holding something--sometimes, two somethings--in his hands. Sometimes it is a Tupperware container, sometimes a building block...but most often, it is a book. He LOVES books, and for this, I am grateful. Well, I was...until today. Because not only is he always holding something, he's almost always also running while holding something. And today, he was running while holding his prized copy of "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" All was smiles and giggles until he tripped...
***
The offending book
***
The damage
(Okay, so first of all, who knew cardboard pages
could cause such damage?! I'm just grateful
that he obviously closed his eye before the book
gashed his face. And second, why do I get the
best smile EVER on camera when he's got
a huge gash on his eye? And finally, please
note that he has about a million teeth...
he's already got 3 molars! My little alligator...)
***

Up close and personal with the wound, shiny with Neosporin

And, to top it all off, Joshua's 15 month appointment is TOMORROW MORNING. Who knows? Maybe the police or DSS will greet as we leave, and I can try to convince them that I really am a loving mother who does her best to keep her monkey-son safe. Someone, anyone, please tell me that other toddler boys are just as active and self-destructive?!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Oh man! He is rough on himself! I can see why you were worried, but no one is going to call child support on you. You're a great mommy!!!

Sarah said...

ohmygoodness! Poor Joshua! That doesn't look good, but I LOVE the picture of him smiling so big. It's adorable.