Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm trying, I promise!


Bernie and Joshua on Christmas Eve, both smiling at Aunt Erin

I really am trying to post more often, but before I realize it, weeks have passed since my last post! There are two things to blame for this:

1. I am notoriously bad about taking pictures. I will let an entire day full of photo opportunities go by without a single shot (as evidenced by my lack of pictures from 2 days with the Isgetts and 3 days with my family over the holidays)! Part of this is because I'm having so much fun with Joshua that I don't think to stop and take a picture. The other part of this is that I've ALWAYS been bad about thinking to take pictures. David loves to remind me that our honeymoon photos are still on a disposable camera somewhere that never got developed. The past 3 months with Joshua have already been a vast improvement on this, but I'm resolving to try and do better.

2. Between feeding and playing with Joshua when he's awake, and trying to cook, clean, organize, coupon, etc. while he's napping, it's bedtime before I know it! I'm thoroughly impressed with my friends like Sarah who have numerous blog posts a week, full of great pictures and updates. I need to discover her secret on finding the time! I'll ask her at our Olive Garden birthday dinner on Saturday...where I'll hopefully remember to bring my camera and actually take pictures. Joshua and Delainey finally meet!


Some cute shots from the past few days...

Joshua absolutely LOVES Freddie the Frog, a gift from Grandma. Freddie is soft and just the right size for holding, and Joshua apparently finds him a great conversation partner, as he chatters to him quite often.

A lucky shot where I was actualy able to catch a smile on camera. For a baby who smiles all the time, I have very few shots of him actually doing it! I blame this mainly on his fascination with all things electronic. Whenever he sees the camera, he immediatey stops smiling and starts trying to figure it out. I tricked him here and held the camera down low and got him to look at my face instead :)
This one just cracked me up, as his face is a clear illustration of my previous point. It is like he's thinking, "What is that shiny silver thing Mommy keeps pointing at me?"
Baby updates: My clever little guy discovered how to roll over from his tummy to his back on his 3-month birthday. I thought this wasn't coming for another month or so! Each time he does it, he seems so proud of himself, and quite amused too.

Also, this little guy is a TALKER. Holy cow! Especially when he first gets up from a nap! He will just go and go, like he's telling us all about his dreams and what he plans to do between now and his next nap. He has this adorable squeal that I think is his favorite sound to make. Our "conversations" are a highlight of my days!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

LOVE the picture with Freddie the Frog. That is way to cute! :) Keep up the blogging. I love hearing about you guys!

Kate said...

Erin, you're doing a great job with pictures! Don't beat yourself up. The only way I can remember to blog is to set a time weekly and try to get it on a schedule. Sundays nights for me normally work, for example.

Love the pictures, and congrats on the roll over for Josh! He ahead of the curve!!!

Sarah said...

It's so funny that after writing that, you did forget your camera haha. = ) Anyways, now you know my blogging secret--let me know how it goes if you try to implement said strategy. We had a great time with yall last night! Post-busy season celebration is a must! P.S. Delainey wanted me to tell Joshua "gurgle gurgle ahhh", whatever that means.