Saturday, January 24, 2009

Time with family and new achievements

Joshua smiling & laughing at my dad's funny faces and noises


We went down to visit my parents over the Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend and had a wonderful time! My dad was able to find a foam mattress for Joshua's Pack&Play, which helped him sleep SO much better in it than our first attempt at it! Joshua thinks my dad is hillarious, with all his funny faces and noises, and Joshua just chattered to him like crazy!

My mom definitely got plenty of sugar from her favorite little guy and was quick to volunteer to hold him whenever she could. We had lots of yummy food (Mom made some of our favorites: baked potato soup and grilled cheese, barbeque pork ribs for David, and country fried steak and mashed potatoes--YUM!) and watched a few good movies. Best of all, though, was spending time with my mom and dad, who I just love more and more as time goes by. I've always been close to them, but I feel like we have become even closer since Joshua's birth. They are the best parents I could ever hope to have, and they are wonderful grandparents to little Joshua. Add in Bernie and Martha, and Joshua is one lucky and loved little guy!
My mom and Joshua, right before we left to come back home...Mom is thinking, "Do you REALLY have to go?"



Like I said in our last post, this little guy likes to roll over from his tummy to his back. In the past few days, he's started propping up on his arms and stretching out his neck and looking around at the room. Now, he's put the two together...so he'll prop up, and roll right over. This makes it tough to get a picture of him propped up, though, since as soon as I snap the picture, he's on his way over. Here are a few pictures pieced together from different rolls to give you the idea:



A few comments on the above pictures:

*Joshua is at one of those stages where he's too big for one size of clothing and too little for another size. His 3 month outfits are stretching at the neck and keeping his legs a little constrained, and the 6 month outfits are too long in the sleeves (hence, the rolled sleeves in the pictures) and too long in the legs/big in the feet. He doesn't seem to mind, though, so we've moved up into the 6 month outfits.

*Joshua's favorite food at the moment, other than milk, is his hand. He loves the fingers, the thumb, and the whole darn thing, just depending on his mood. In these pictures, he was obviously favoring his first two fingers. I always ask him if he's enjoying his "finger food" or his "knuckle sandwiches" when he's sucking or gnawing on his hand.

What a fun time, watching Joshua grow and learn new things each day. His smiles and chatter just melt my heart--he has quite the personality! And if he starts to get sad or somethings startles him, his bottom lip pokes out and his little eyes start to water, and it is hard not to laugh, because it is such an adorable face. And bath time each night is a blast--Joshua's favorite activity! He just kicks and splashes and laughs and smiles. David and I joke that one of his best friends is the faucet in the tub, because Joshua just stares at it and smiles at it throughout the bath--we make up conversations between the two of them for fun :) I'm hoping one of these nights to remember to take the camera upstairs to get some pictures at "tubby time."

One week from tomorrow and this little guy is 4 months old!

1 comment:

Nikki Nichols said...

Erin he seems to get cuter and cuter each time you post! I can't believe how good he is at rolling. Beckett rolls from his back to his stomach, but has still not mastered the roll from stomach to back. Wish I could have kissed on him when I was in NC. SHells said he is adorable... not that that is hard to believe with you and Dave as his parents!