Monday, July 26, 2010

Aww shucks!

Just a few things...

* One of Joshua's newest phrases (courtesy of his daddy): "Aww shucks!" It makes me laugh every single time he says it!

* We had some of the Isgetts over for dinner on Saturday night, and the kids decided to watch "Cars." Joshua was, of course, in toddler-heaven: he got to eat pizza for dinner in front of the television while watching his favorite movie. I mean, does it get any better than that?

* Martha brought Joshua a little toy Lightning McQueen and he is in love with it! He calls it "race car" and takes it with him all over the house.

* Joshua is talking more and more all the time--he's starting to use lots of 2-word (and a few 3-word) phrases and I'm amazed at how many words he seems to pick up after just hearing them once or twice. He also fancies himself a comedian...for example, if I'm getting off the phone with David and I say to Joshua, "Tell Daddy bye-bye," Joshua will say "Bye-bye Papa" or "Bye-bye car." He'll do this over and over, and then as soon as I hang up, he'll say (with a big smile), "Bye-bye Daddy!" He also loves to snatch "Mommy's phone" and run around the house with it held to his ear. What a little monkey! :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

so cute! oh and delainey does that with my phone too, only she actually calls people sometimes...