Monday, April 12, 2010

And the surprises just keep on coming!

Apparently, this little one decided to keep on surprising us! With Joshua, I knew from the moment I found out I was pregnant that he would be a boy. With this baby, I haven't really felt strongly one way or the other, but I just figured that it would probably be another boy. I mean, I have a brother, I always babysat boys, and I have a son now. Why change things up, right?


Well, baby #2 had different ideas. It was very obvious, very quickly that this baby was not a little boy! I was in shock for the rest of the ultrasound...I'm having a little girl? A daughter? Really? Wow!


David, of course, is thrilled--he was really hoping this baby would be a girl. And even though Joshua doesn't have a clue what is going on, I think he will love having a little sister! Now the big question is: since Joshua is essentially a mini-David, will this little girl look like her mommy, or do I only produce David clones? :)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you! :) Coming from a mom with lots of girls, you're in for a treat. Perhaps a little more drama and sassiness, but lots of sweetness. Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more!

Sarah said...

ok i know i already commented on email and fb, but i am really just so excited for you guys. So is Devin! And what a lucky little girl she will be to have joshua as a big brother. you're going to be an awesome "girl mom". But beware-- girls clothes are ADORABLE. I know you may not think you are the super shopping type, but just be warned that it is tempting to buy everything. = )

Kate said...

I think you're going to love having a little girl! It's fun in a different way than I imagine a boy being. Sarah is totally right about the girl's clothes being addictive- my entire family is hooked on shopping for Josie- it's just too fun! We're so excited for you and David!

Molly said...

Oh, awesome!! Congratulations!