Friday, January 8, 2010

My resourceful little Scarface

Since it has been SO bitterly cold recently, Joshua hasn't been able to enjoy time outside like we normally do. After taking all of the shoes off the shoe rack in our kitchen, he apparently decided that the shoe rack could serve as his own little set of monkey bars (fitting, since that's exactly what he is!)

Yes, Mommy...I've graduated from just making a mess
to also trying dangerous stunts with what I find.


Please note the fridge letter in his hand...
like I said in the previous post, he almost
ALWAYS has something in his hand!

That, my friends, is a look of pure pride.
***
***
And that, my friends, is a look of pure "I'm stuck!" frustration.

***

According to the doctor, Joshua's doing fine. He's a lightweight (21lbs 5oz, 10%) and about average height, (30.5 in, 30%), but he has a big ol' head (47.9cm, 70%). Looking at the stock he came from, though, none of this is shocking. The doctor laughed when I told her the story about his injury, and she said that while he'll probably have a mark for a number of months, she didn't think he'd have a permanent scar. For Little Man's sake, I sure hope not! Look at that mess--I swear it looks worse every single day!

But this little monkey doesn't seem to mind one bit!
***
(And trust me, it certainly doesn't slow him down
one bit, either! Before I could even finish this post,
he had lodged himself in the shoe rack again,
this time in a standing position, and fell face first
onto the kitchen floor. What on earth have I gotten
myself into with this one?!)

No comments: