Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Where's Joshie?

One of Joshua's favorite games to play is Peek-a-boo. I cover my face with my hands and say, "Where's Joshie? Where's Joshie?" When I uncover my face, I smile brightly and say, "Pee-pie! Pee-pie!" And he just smiles and laughs, waiting for me to do it again.

*Side note: If you're wondering, like my sweet husband was, why on earth I say "Pee-pie," it is because that's what my mom said to me when I was little and we played the game. Like mother, like daughter. If my mom did it, then it must be right :)

Back to my story...

Joshua and I were reading board books on the living room floor before his afternoon nap, and I left him alone for a minute to refill my water bottle in the kitchen. When I came back into the room, there were the books on the floor...but where was Joshua? Apparently he decided to play his own version of peek-a-boo.

Where's Joshie? Where's Joshie?

Pee-pie!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I say peepie too!! And my mom also said it to me. One day Devin's sisters were like, "what did she say?" and his mom explained that it's the southern form of peekaboo. = )
"Joshie" is too cute.