Sunday, October 12, 2008

Grandma's gone








Well, it is Sunday afternoon and that means my mom is gone after being here for a week. We had such a great time together and I don't know what I would have done without her. Her companionship, advice, and conversation meant the world to me...I considered not letting my dad have her back! She'll be up again at the end of the month for a few days, so Joshua and I will be looking forward to that.


David's week of paternity leave begins tomorrow, so it will be the three of us together for the week. After that, it will just be the little man and mommy. We've been so fortunate to have so much support since we've come home--David's parents have provided a number of meals for us, and some families from our ward will be bringing meals this week. Our neighborhood has already volunteered to provide some dinners for next week, so we don't have to think about cooking much for the next couple of weeks, which is wonderful!


Joshua is just as adorable and loved as ever! Grandma loves when he wrinkles up his forehead when people are talking to him, the next few pictures show him cuddling with Grandma, and the last one had us all cracking up--when Joshua falls asleep, there is no waking him and his whole little body just goes limp. He is the light of our lives!

5 comments:

Gramma said...

I miss him already! Can't wait to see him at the end of the month. Erin is already becoming an amazing mom. She and David will be awesome parents to baby Joshua (Cutie McCuterton). I feel blessed to have been able to spend a week with them and to help in any way I could. Love you guys ---
Gramma

Nikki Nichols said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

I love how tiny he is!! And his cute face in the first one is priceless. Sorry your mom left today...I know how that is = ( At least you have David there with you this coming week!

Clari said...

Um, so no one else gets to hold him until I do, seeing how he'll be marrying my daughter, giving my wife a reason to move to NC. Finally!

Brian said...

Cute baby boy. Love him love him love him. No doubt he is getting all the love in the world and then some. We're trying to get a new little cousin packaged and on the market as soon as possible. Also we're looking to relocate our retail facility so that customers can more easily combine products.