Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Enjoying being home






We checked into the hospital on 6:30pm on Tuesday evening...and finally were released at noon on Saturday. I have never been inside for so long in my life! The beautiful fall weather made Saturday seem even more wonderful!
David's mom, Martha, met us at the house and stayed with us until lunch on Sunday--it was so nice to have so much experience and help there for us our first day home. Having 8 kids makes you an expert in my book! My mom got here at noon on Sunday and will be with us for a week. She is loving time with her first grandchild, and has been such a huge help. She's cleaned just about everything in the house and taken care of lots of little thing so that I can focus on taking care of Joshua.
We had his first doctor's appointment yesterday. The doctor said he looks great and is gaining weight right on track. He was such a good boy during the exam--he only got fussy when the doctor checked his ears :)
Most of our day is filled with feedings and sleeping, but we are loving our time with our special little guy!

3 comments:

Jamie and Erick said...

Erin!! He is so beautiful! I can't wait to hold him!

Sarah said...

Erin--I just love his little face!! He is so cute. Can't wait to meet him!

Burke Family said...

So cute! I am so happy for you guys. Joshua is lucky to have such wonderful parents.