Sunday, April 8, 2012

Fresh baked loaves and Easter outfits

One of the things I really enjoy making for my family is homemade bread. A friend of mine from church taught me how to make it from scratch back when I was waiting for Joshua to make his entrance into the world. I was past my due date and had already finished working and each day felt like it was just dragging by! Melissa invited me over one afternoon and taught me her AMAZING recipe for whole wheat bread and it is still my favorite recipe almost 4 years later :) I feel like each time I make it, I do it just a little bit better. We invested in a wheat grinder this past year, so I'm able to use freshly ground wheat now, which makes the bread even better! This weekend, I tried a new method for forming my loaves and I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out! David was so impressed that he decided to make a photographic record of them (if you don't know David, he is quite possibly the biggest bread fan you'll EVER meet!)


My mom bought Leah a special Easter dress and Joshua a special Easter shirt and vest, so I thought she might appreciate some pictures of the kids all dressed up!

Although Leah is not demonstrating proper
modesty in this shot (ha!), I love seeing her
chubby little legs here :) And I love Joshua's
forced, giant smile that he gave his begging,
pleading mother ;)


Not the best group picture ever, but I couldn't
help posting it because Leah is SO dang cute
in this candid shot!


I think this one is my very favorite :)


I don't know if you can see the tear coming
down Leah's cheek in this one, but she was
upset about something (who knows what?)
But her big brown eyes and chubby little
arms and sweet little face were all just
too precious to keep me from sharing it.
**Happy Easter to you all! We're so grateful
for the atonement and resurrection of our
Savior Jesus Christ and the opportunity it
provides us to repent and eventually return
to live with our Father in Heaven, and be with
these sweet, precious children forever.**

1 comment:

Brittanie Lockard said...

They are adorable, even moreso when dressed up! Both are getting so big!!