Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas at our house

I love Christmas decorations and Joshua is really excited to have ours up in the house this month. We've had them up for a couple of weeks already, but I thought I'd take a couple of pictures.

We clear off most of the fireplace mantle for the nativity set each year. There are 4 different sets that make up this nativity, and my parents gave them to me for different holiday gifts over the course of a year or so. My absolute favorite thing to set out each year :) And the kids have their own Fisher Price Nativity Set that Grandma Martha gave them last year--they love to play with it! In fact, Joshua was just telling Leah today, "Leah, do not eat that wise man!"I think she was just giving him a kiss, but since kisses from Leah can be a bit messy, I can understand Joshua's concern for the wise man's safety!

Since Leah can't seem to keep her hands off ANYTHING these days, we decided to go with a small tree up on the buffet in the dining room. We weren't able to put up all the ornaments because there just wasn't room, but a lot of our favorites are up there. I am SO glad I did the smaller tree out of reach this year because we were at a friend's house last week and I spent the entire time replacing ornaments Leah was pulling off their tree...she was like a one-baby dismantling machine! Every morning when we come downstairs, Joshua says, "Mommy, let's turn on the Christmas tree lights!" and when I do, he says, "Oh, wow! It is so beautiful!" I love seeing the beauty of this season through his eyes! :)

No comments: