Thursday, August 26, 2010

We're getting closer...

This Saturday puts me at 2 weeks until my due date, and my feet are feeling like that can't get here soon enough! At my prenatal appointment on Monday, Baby Girl was doing great: heartbeat in the 150s and I'm measuring right around where I should be. I've been *feeling* like she'll come before her due date, but who knows if that means much of anything, right? :)

Joshua and I surprised David at his office on Tuesday for a "baby daddy" party they hosted for him (they decided that "baby shower" was too feminine, and I thought the name they chose was hillarious!). He was completely shocked--he hadn't expected anything, so they pulled off a great surprise! They had pizza and cake, and so many precious gifts for the baby--we were overwhelmed by everyone's kindness and generosity! I especially love a really cute shirt they picked out for Joshua that says "I'm the big brother" :) It was also really nice for me to meet David's co-workers and finally put faces to names. And while I actually remembered to take my camera with us (a HUGE improvement for me), it sat in my bag the entire time :(

Joshua has a new "big boy" booster seat, thanks to David's grandmother. We were able to put his high chair in the attic and open up some space in the kitchen, and we won't need to bring it down again until Baby Girl needs it. We'll take off the tray soon and scoot him right up to the table, which I think he'll love. Here's a picture from breakfast this morning:


A funny thing from yesterday: Joshua picked up a play cell phone from his toy box, opened it, and said, "Hi, Daddy!" Then he dropped it on accident and said, "Uh-oh, Daddy!" like he had actually dropped David. It cracked me up! This little guy makes me smile and laugh so often during the day, and I'm constantly amazed at how much he picks up on and learns each day. He has favorite books that he wants me to read over and over because he's memorized some of the words and wants to say them with me as I read. His current obsession: Rameses (the UNC mascot). He has a book about Rameses visiting all these placed on UNC's campus, and he wants to read it all the time and always talks about "Ra-ses." He even has a toothbrush with Rameses on it! We're starting him off right :) Go Heels!

No comments: