Saturday, March 6, 2010

Like father, like son

For either his birthday or for Christmas, my mom got Joshua his first set of golf clubs. There is a little red plastic golf bag with wheels and a handle, 3 blue golf balls, 2 yellow plastic "holes" with flags, and 3 clubs (a driver, an iron, and a putter). We've played with them inside a few times (Joshua is mainly interested in carrying around the clubs), and this morning we decided to take them out into the backyard.

When we were looking at different houses in the Raleigh area a few years ago, one of the few things that we really wanted was a big backyard. The home we bought has just that, and fortunately it is fenced, so that Joshua can just have free reign and we don't have to worry about him heading towards the street or someone else's house. He especially likes when Daddy kicks the leaves around (I think the noise it makes is his favorite thing).

Here are some pictures from our fun morning outside:

Hey guys--what a great idea to come outside!


One thing I love about toddlers...

...is how curious they are about everything...


...and how they explore every part of something.


Okay, next hole!


How did he get so big so fast?!


There's that silly smile I love :)


And he's on the move again!


Look, Mommy! I can carry all three clubs!
***
I know I'm going to be even more grateful about this backyard when baby #2 is here, because I can sit on the back deck with the baby and Joshua can run around and play to his heart's content!

3 comments:

Kathryn Palmer said...

Joshua looks like he is having loads of fun with his new clubs.
Congrats on your latest news...baby #2!

Shelley Isgett said...

Okie dokie, I have now found the link for leaving comments! hehehe
numero uno...love the new background crafty thingy on your page...very springy and fresh.
numero dos...the boy is growing like a weed and looking like David all the more ... I swear you even dress him as David dresses!
numero tres...i have a hunch Joshie will be dragging clubs around the rest of his life and chipping balls in the yard regularly...reminds me of a younger brother of mine ;)
mumero quatro...I just caint balieve #2 is on the way! It's okay with me if he comes on my birthday ... likely it would mean family members would remember my birthday, then ;)
And last but not least ... he is just the cutest toddler out there ... I look at him and can just tell there's a little mischievous man inside (just like David, again) who will always smirk and laugh at himself. Kiss and hug him from his favorite Aunt!

Kate said...

Oh my gosh he's getting SO BIG! I can't wait to see him this summer!