Thursday, February 4, 2010

Snow days!

Although I am thoroughly OVER the snow now, we had fun taking Joshua outside on Saturday morning to enjoy the winter weather!

Getting all bundled up was not thrilling for him--he was incredibly annoyed by the time I was finally finished layering him up in long johns, a fleecy snow suit, pants, and a Pillsbury Dough Boy winter coat. We tried to put him in rain boots, but they were too big and he couldn't walk very well. So we put him in his sneakers and I tied grocery bags around his legs to keep his feet dry. In fact, my mom, David, and I all used grocery bags and our feet stayed nice and dry!

Grandma and her little Michelin Man


Once we got outside and he realized why he needed all
those layers on, Joshua LOVED it!


He was a man on the move the whole time!
He loved exploring the neighborhood, all covered with snow.

He especially enjoyed pointing out all the "cah-cahs"
(any vehicle with wheels)


"Sorry, guys--no time to stop and chat...
I've got places to go and cah-cahs to see."


We loved getting to take our little man outside to
experience the snow! Now we're just ready for everything
to melt so we can enjoy playing outside again without all the slush :)


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Joshua looks SO cute in his puffy red coat!! So funny. and I love the bags on the shoes idea...wish I had thought of that!

Nikki Nichols said...

Its a good thing you don't live in Rexburg, you would be going stir crazy.. who am i kidding, I am going stir crazy! Even though you are done with the snow, JOshua sure does make for one cute puffed up little marshmellow kid!