Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

Okay, Mommy...I'm ready to go on our trip!
Oh, you think I'll need a little more for the 4-day weekend
at Grandma and Grandpa's house?
We did some visiting while we were with my parents for the holiday weekend. We drove down on Thursday morning so that Grandma could show Joshua around at work. Each introduction went a little something like this: "This is my grandson Joshua" (said with a big, proud smile)...oh, and this is my daughter Erin" (totally an after-thought about 10 minutes later). Okay, so I'm exaggerating a little bit...but honestly, only a very little bit.
We met my aunt and uncle at my grandmother's house on Friday afternoon so they could spend some time with Little Man. This is my Aunt Ann, and Joshua's middle name (Brent) is in honor of her son.



And Joshua had fun playing with his great-grandmother too (she's a little fuzzy in the picture, but he was just so darn cute, I had to post it!)



And on Sunday, my friend Kelli came to visit. We've known each other since high school, and she swears that pictures of Joshua are what got her through tough days in her law school program this year...so she had to meet him in person. He absolutely LOVED her right away, and didn't stop smiling, laughing, talking, and crawling all over the entire visit (except, of course, when he saw me pull out the camera for a picture). Plus, she brought him a little stuffed puppy that he was crazy about, so that always helps :)


Grandma decided that since Joshua liked his little swimming pool at home so much, that he needed one at her house too. We had a great time sitting under the pecan trees and watching him play.

Look, Mommy...only one hand!



Do you like my froggy swimming trunks?



Who says rubber duckies are just for the bathtub?



Hey, is everyone watching how good I am at pulling up?



Making my grandma's favorite face...gets her laughing everytime!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Joshua is getting SO big! I love the pics of him in the pool = )