Monday, May 18, 2009

Over the river and through the woods...

We had a visit from David's parents on Sunday afternoon--Bernie brought the steaks to grill out and we provided all the sides. The rain subsided at the perfect time, and we had a great dinner together. Joshua, of course, was the man of the hour. I'm learning that David and I are only means to an end now that we have a little one, but I can't say that I blame anyone for feeling that way!




As I've mentioned before, Joshua loves Mommy and Daddy's toys. I can't decide if he's working on the computer or doing push-ups here--maybe a little of both.




And here he is catching up on a little reading in one of Mommy's Reader's Digest magazines.





I told Joshua when he woke up this morning that I had a surprise for him...


A surprise? Really, Mom? What is it? Tell me, tell me!



Well, Little Man, we're going to see Grandma and Grandpa down in Havelock for Memorial Day weekend. We're even going to visit Grandpa at work in New Bern and Grandma at work on the military base at Cherry Point. Grandma's been dying to show you off!

Are you serious?! Woo hoo! I am SO excited! I can't wait for Friday!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Love the pictures! He must be getting used to the camera. :) And I know exactly what Joshua is doing on the laptop--getting ready to destroy it. We had one do that...